Tiffen 4x4 polarizerfilter
27/11/11 15:00 tag: lenzen & filters
Tiffen 4 x 4" Linear Polarizer - Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast.
This filter glass should be used with a matte box, and is not a screw-on filter.
The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Note! Linear polarizers are used with most video and manual focus photo cameras. They are not recommended for auto-focus SLR cameras.
This filter eliminates ultraviolet rays to remove haze from outdoor shots as well as polarizing the light to remove reflections, and increase color saturation, without affecting the overall color balance.
- Type Linear polarizer
- Size 4 x 4" (100 x 100 x 4mm thick)
- Grade Not Applicable
- Filter Factor Between 2.3 and 2.8 (approx. +1.3 stops)
- Multi-Coated Not Applicable
- Rotating Yes
- Effect Removes reflections and increases color saturation without affecting the overall color balance
- Application Nature, travel, outdoor photography
- Construction ColorCore Glass